It’s that time of year when young people mark milestones in their academic lives. For the grade school graduate, it’s a time to celebrate seven years of hard work and look forward to new challenges in high school. For the high school graduate, it marks the beginning of a new phase in his life as he leaves his childhood behind to take his first few steps towards adulthood.
Here, a few tips from the tutors of AHEAD Tutorial & Review Center on how you can make your child’s graduation even more special:
· Snap away! Make as many memories as you can by taking pictures of your child with his friends, classmates, teammates, and teachers. Years from now, he can look at the photos and reminisce about all the fun times he had in school.
· Throw a party. No need for a grand to-do. A simple get-together or a movie at the mall is OK. The important thing is for your child to bond with his friends one last time before they go their separate ways.
· Take the graduation as an opportunity for all of you to bond as a family. Treat your graduate to his favorite restaurant or surprise him with his favorite dish at home. Ask his siblings to write him congratulatory notes, gather them together, and place them on his bedside table.
· Create a memory book. Fill it up with photos, drawings, notes, and other souvenir items from his school days. Surprise your child with greetings from his closest friends. He will love you for it!
· Take a trip. Before your child embarks on another academic journey, get out of town to shoot the breeze. Not only is this a great bonding opportunity for your family, it also gives you the chance to have a good talk with your child about his academic goals for the next school year. It will give you an idea on which areas he may need some support on. If your child feels like he needs some help in Math, for instance, you can take care of signing him up with professional tutors like those from AHEAD Tutorial & Review Center. Remember to keep things light, though. After all, you’re on vacation!