It’s roughly a month before the University of the Philippines College Admission Test (UPCAT), and some of you might be feeling the pressure of having to perform well in this important exam. Because you’re right smack in the middle of the school year, and might be engulfed in a flurry of academic and extracurricular activities, it’s only too easy to lose your focus. Concentrate! Keep your eye on the prize, and you’ll get on the right track once again. Here, other ideas to keep you motivated.
1. Visualize your goal. Look for a nice photo of UP. It could be the Oblation, the sunflowers along the road, or any of its beautiful buildings. Print it and post it on your mirror or by your bedside table. Better yet, have your photo taken walking along UP’s tree-lined streets, smiling and all. Such a powerful image will stick in your subconscious, motivating you to study harder for the UPCAT.
2. Get a study buddy. When you’ve got a partner in crime, so to speak, big tasks seem easier to handle. By reviewing with a partner, you are more likely to stay on track. You can share notes, confirm solutions to tricky math problems, and clarify concepts which are unclear. Plus, it won’t be too easy for you to slack off because you know that somebody else is depending on you.
3. Join an online forum. On your study break, take a peek at online forums of fellow reviewers. Exchange notes. Shoot off questions. Plan quick meet ups. It’s comforting to know that you’re in the same boat as all these people.
4. Write it down. Why do you want to study at the University of the Philippines? Your reply calls for some serious reflection. And by writing it down, you’ll find more reasons to do well in the UPCAT. Don’t lock your letter away. Keep it in your planner or on the drawer of your study desk. If you find yourself getting lazy or not wanting to review, just take out the letter and start reading. You’ll soon find yourself motivated.
5. Join a review class. Another way to get motivated is by joining a review class composed of your peers facilitated by experts. AHEAD Tutorial & Review Center will be having an UPCAT Refresher Course at the SM Megamall Megatrade Conference Hall B on August 2, 2015 from 10AM to 7PM. Apart from tackling relevant lessons, former AHEAD students will also share their UPCAT experience. It’s going to be an enlightening and inspiring experience. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org