Author: Nik Aumentado
Being able to write a good essay is one of the prerequisites of getting into the school of your dreams. Though it may not be one of your talents, we, at AHEAD Tutorial & Review Center, recommend some tips for you to get comfortable with writing.
- Be honest. Write what you feel. Your sincerity will shine through your essay.
- Keep it simple. Don’t try to impress and get to the point. You’ll make yourself clearer, and get your message across better.
- Focus on your strengths. What are your biggest achievements and why? Write about the time you conquered your fear of swimming in deep waters, helped a friend in need, or comforted an ailing sibling. Discuss your extra-curricular activities as well as leadership positions you assumed.
- Start with a bang. Catch your reader’s attention on the first paragraph, and he’ll go on reading. Begin your essay with words that paint a picture or conjure up an image. Verbs make an essay spring alive with action.
- Develop your essay by logically connecting one paragraph to the next. Don’t jump from one topic to the other at once. When writing about college plans, for instance, don’t suddenly start talking about your hobbies. Discuss the course you want to take, why you want it, and how you plan to succeed in that course. Talk about how the university can help you achieve your long-term goals.
- Hit your readers’ soft spot. Your last few paragraphs must leave a lasting impression. Try issuing a call to action, quoting your favorite author or better yet, your mentor.
- Don’t turn in your essay at once. If you have time, read it once again and proofread your work. Correct grammatical and spelling errors.With these in mind, AHEAD believes you’ll be able to write a winning essay to help get you into the university of your dreams.
Photo from: https://www.pexels.com/photo/girl-learning-person-studying-159810